General Terms and Conditions

Reports and musings from a seminarian at General Theological Seminary, New York City.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Me, Myself, and I

Partner left this morning - flying back to Indy - which leaves me here alone. I am very sorry to see him go. He has been so wonderful, so helpful. All day yesterday he worked hard to help finish the move in -- getting curtain rods up and curtains hung, as well as hanging pictures. Then he swept and mopped and got all the laundry done. What a gift! I am so lucky to have him in my life - even if it is at a distance for the next months...

I must admit that I am kind of excited to finally experience what it is like to live here on my own. After I got him off on the bus to LaGuardia, I went walking and did a bit of shopping. I put on the pedometer and noted that I logged more than 13,500 steps. This is the exercise I hoped to get. The trick will be to find the opportunity to get this many steps in every day.

The weather is beautiful today. While yesterday was full of the rain and wind of Ernesto, today is all sunshine and cool breezes. The windows are open - voices of classmates sitting on the stoop below my window float through the air. Considering that we are in the middle of Manhattan, it is extraordinarily quiet here. While car horns and alarms occasionally disturb the peace, it is not nearly as raucous as one might expect. What a great place to be.

Classes start on Wednesday, so there are still a few more days before the work of seminary begins in earnest. I have not quite figured out what I will do with my time until then. How pleasant to have unscheduled time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home