General Terms and Conditions

Reports and musings from a seminarian at General Theological Seminary, New York City.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

One step forward...

Yesterday was a busy day. I got to work on packing, assembling into boxes the items I have piled in various less-used corners of the house. As I suspected, it went quickly and easily--I have packed those boxes so many times in my head that the act itself was simple!

At one moment when I went upstairs I saw that I had a message on my cell phone. It was the housing office at the seminary, telling me that my move-in date is now two days later than they had originally told me! Suddenly I had a new job--remaking all the arrangements that had us leaving on Sunday. After calls to U-Haul, the Pennsylvania Motel where we will stop along the way, Time-Warner Cable (to reschedule installation), and the housesitter, everything was back on track, ready for us to pull out on Tuesday.

Now I need to adjust my own expectations. I am so ready to go! My leaving Indy has begun to seem like the longest good-by ever. Of course, the upside of all this is two more days to get done what I had planned to do in less. I can slow down and enjoy a bit more.

This is the moment I must remember the serenity prayer. God, grant me serenity, courage, and wisdom...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home