General Terms and Conditions

Reports and musings from a seminarian at General Theological Seminary, New York City.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Avoidance

I have a LOT of homework to do this weekend. So what have I done? Very little. I find myself doing almost anything to avoid writing my philosophy paper ("Compare and Contrast the Concept of the Good for Plato and Aristotle"), studying for my New Testament mid-term (content and major themes of the synoptic gospels), or doing reading for class next week (New Testament, Old Testament, Philosophy, Early Church History).

Sometimes it is very hard to get motivated to study. Even though what we are working on is interesting, it is also difficult - often mind-blowing. After a long week, I just want to sleep -- or watch TV -- or read ANYTHING that is non-religious.

I know I will get the work done - eventually. But I don't think it's going to happen tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home