General Terms and Conditions

Reports and musings from a seminarian at General Theological Seminary, New York City.

Friday, September 22, 2006

One day at a time

It was a month ago today that partner and I left Indianapolis in our U-Haul truck. It is hard to believe it has been only a 31 days. I now find myself fully into the joys and struggles of seminary.

After much thought, and after soliciting the advice of many wise people, I decided that I should drop my Biblical Greek class. The professor said I was doing fine, but I felt that I could not give enough time to study for that class, especially in light of the time I need for the two foundation classes I am also taking, Old and New Testament. In addition, I find myself still adjusting to full-time graduate school -- learning how to study and to take notes, and how to get a LOT of reading done. I hope I will be able to pick up Greek at some other point. But this is not the right time.

I have also found myself sneezing and congested since Monday. I think it is just allergies, but it could be a cold. Not feeling well, I have been tired and cranky all week. Let's hope I get over it soon!

This weekend's study includes preparation for an Old Testament map quiz (we have been given 100 cities, rivers, areas, and other geographical landmarks to place on blank maps; the quiz will be to find and mark 25 of these places, randomly chosen), a 6-10 page paper of theological reflections on the book Silence by Shusaku Endo, reading for next week's classes, and discussion notes on Paul's Thessalonian correspondence. I also need to clean the apartment in anticipation of my parents' arrival to visit on Wednesday (yea!)

Which brings me to the title of this post. All I can do is just keep moving, and know that it will all get done, one way or another. I've just got to keep studying and keep praying...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home